Do it yourself
In the State of Missouri, apostilles are issued by Jason Kander, the Secretary of State in Jefferson City.
Documents submitted for apostille must comply with the following guidelines:
- Documents must be issued in the State of Missouri.
- In order to apostille birth certificatesyou need to submit certified copies issued by the Missouri Bureau of Vital Statistics and with the signature of the state registrar. New certified copies of birth certificates can be requested from the Bureau of Vital Records from the Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Certified copies of marriage certificatessubmitted for apostille must also be issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistic or by the Recorder of Deeds in the County.
- In order to obtain apostille for divorce statements you need to submit certified copies issued by the Circuit Clerk of the County where you got divorced. For new copies you need to contact the appropriate county recorder of deeds.
- If you need to apostille school documents issued by a university from the state of Missouri you need certified copies issued by the school registrar, notarized on the back (not the face) of the diploma.
- All notarized documents submitted for apostille must include the notarial acknowledgement, notary’s seal and the signature of a commissioned notary.
- Documents that are executed by circuit clerks, recorders of deeds, judges and county clerks need to be signed and/or stamped by the appropriate office. Copies of court documents can be obtained from the appropriate county clerk.
Apostille Missouri contacts:
Visit in person or mail documents to:
Main office for mail and walk-in service
Missouri Secretary of State
James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center
600 West Main, Room 322
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Phone: (573) 751-4153
For walk-in service:
St. Louis: 815 Olive Street, Suite 210 St. Louis, MO 63101 (314) 340-7490
Kansas City: 615 E. 13th St., Room 513 Kansas City, MO 64106 (816) 889-2925
Springfield: 149 Park Central Sq. Suite 624 Springfield, MO 65806 (417) 895-6330
Price and processing:
Price is $10 per apostille with payment to the “Missouri Secretary of State”.
Processing time is same-day counter service or 7-10 days for mailed orders.