Do it yourself
In the State of Nebraska apostille are issued by the Business Services & Licensing Divisions of State of Nebraska Secretary of State, John A. Gale in Lincoln.
Documents submitted for apostille in Nebraska need to comply with the following guidelines:
- Documents submitted to apostille birth and death certificates need to be original certified copies issued by the Department of Health Services and/or the state registrar of vital statistics.
- In order to obtain apostille for marriage licenses you need certified copies issued by the Nebraska Department of Human Resources or Vitals Statistics or a copy issued at the County Clerk level. Keep-sake certificates are not acceptable.
- To apostille divorce decrees you need an original certified copy issued by HHS services or Vital Statistics Bureau.
- Documents presented to apostille school records issued by a school or university in Nebraska need to be notarized copies issued by the school registrar bearing the original signature of a school official.
- Notarized documents need to include a properly executed acknowledgement.
Copies of divorce decrees with a proper pursues statement can be requested from http://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/default.aspx
Copies of vital records can be obtained from http://dhhs.ne.gov/publichealth/Pages/ced_bicert.aspx
Apostille Nebraska contacts:
Visit in person or mail documents to:
Nebraska Secretary of State
State Capitol Building
1445 K Street Room 1301
Lincoln, NE 68508
Phone: (402) 471-2558
Price and processing time:
Price is $10 per apostille with payment made to the “Nebraska Secretary of State”.
Processing time is same-day counter service or 14 business days for mailed orders.