Do it yourself
In the State of Utah apostilles are issued by the Office of the Lieutenant Governor in Salt Lake City.
Documents submitted for apostille in Utah need to comply with the following guidelines:
- Vital records such as birth and death certificatesneed have to be issued by the Vital Records Department and bear the signature of Janice L. Houston or Barry E. Nangle, currently State Registrar.
- Documents submitted to apostille, marriage licenses or single status letters need to be issued by the County Clerk Offices where the marriage took place.
- In order to apostille divorce decrees, submitted documents need to be issued by the court and bear the signature of the Judge or Court Clerk.
1st Judicial District: Box Elder County, Cache County, Rich County.
2nd Judicial District: Davis County, Morgan County, Weber County.
3rd Judicial District: Salt Lake County, Summit County, Tooele County.
4th Judicial District: Juab County, Millard County, Utah County, Wasatch County.
5th Judicial District: Beaver County, Iron County, Washington County.
6th Judicial District: Garfield County, Kane County, Piute County, Sanpete County, Sevier County, Wayne County.
7th Judicial District: Carbon County, Emery County, Grand County, San Juan County.
8th Judicial District: Daggett County, Duchesne County, Uintah County.
- Documents submitted to apostille certificates of free saleneed have to be issued by the Utah Department of Agriculture.
- If you want to apostille police clearance documents, these need to be issued and notarized by the Police department.
- Certified copies submitted to apostille business documents need to be notarized in order to be accepted.
- Notarized documents presented for apostille need to include the original signatures, notarial stamp, date and a notary statement mentioning the state and county where the document was notarized.
- To apostille school documents such as diplomas, school records or transcripts issued by universities or high schools in Utah you need notarized copies issued by the school registrar, school principal or administrator.
Apostille Utah contacts:
Visit in person or mail documents to:
Utah State Capitol
350 N. State Street, Suite 200
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
Phone: (801) 538-1041
Price and processing time:
Price is $15 per apostille regular service and $40-$60 expedited service.
Processing time is same-day counter service or 3-5 days for mailed orders.